Today....

I couldn't let the day end without passing on my thoughts to all of you. Each and every one of us know exactly where we were and who we were with on 9.11.01. I have to truly believe out of tragedy there has to come some good. Whether it be that we all remember to truly appreciate the people in our lives every day; or perhaps it's provoked a few, probably many, to bravely and courageously follow a different path in life.

I was in Colorado on 9.11.01, feeling very far from home with limited communications, not knowing whether my friends at my former employer were OK and whether my brother NYPD Sargent (and drummer) Tommy Vinton was caught up in the mayhem. It was one of my Best Damn Running Partners that Live Nowhere Near Me, Jessica (at the time we lived near each other, obvioulsy) that was at my side and for that, every day since, she can do no wrong in my eyes.

Today, I also remember an old friend of mine, Stephen Mulderry. If you have a minute, check out the video of him by clicking here. He was one of a kind and I am truly blessed to have had him in my life during my 20's. It wouldn't have been the same, or half as social, without him..he also taught me the importance of living every day one at a time and living the dream...and this was really all by example and quite frankly, it wasn't until recently that I really "got" this.

And finally today, with the birthday of my amazing and beautiful niece Cecelia, who was born one year to the day of 9.11.01 to my sister who was also a first responder on that day, I remember there is life and there is hope for a very bright future. Peace and prayers to all...

Comments

Popular Posts