Reminder: Run with the world next weekend!

Yeah, yeah, I know...I owe you a Falmouth posting...have started working on it...within a few days, I promise! So, before I remind you all (again) to sign up for the Nike Human Race next weekend...here's quick update on the great debate of the running skirt between my sister and me:

I was with the Hellgaters tonight (BTW, shout out to Raoul for giving me some tips on hill training and to Jared who's helping me with my form; and of course to all the others for countless "great job Annie" cheers) and one gal asked me about my running skirt - she wanted to know whether I liked it or not. My immediatee response was a simple, "yes" followed by a description of the pockets, features, etc. Then my Catholic guilt waved over me or more than likely it was my urge to share useless and unnecessary information with people and I told her the real reason for me wearing the running skirt was that it hides my robust badunkadunk! She agreed that's a great reason for wearing a running skirt. (Score one for me!)

This was soon followed by a quick convo between myself and one of the super fast guys in the group. He began talking to me when I was clearly out of breath. I don't fault him though, he had no idea I was about to vomit so he talked while I practically dry heaved: "You play tennis?" I responded, "Not very well!" I thought this was a comical response but by the look of his blank reaction, I guess wasn't. He pointed at my skirt, "You look like you play tennis." (Dammit! Score one for my sister!)

For all those keeping score, my sister and I are at a dead heat in the great debate of the running skirt: 2 points for her, 2 points for me.

OK everyone, if you haven't heard about the Nike Human Race yet, you must be living under a rock. Next weekend you should all be getting off your badunkadunks and run with world! You can run the 10k in in one of the 25 selected cities with other runners or you can run wherever you live! I'll be down in D.C. with one of my Best Damn Running Partners That Lives Nowhere Near Me, Kerry to celebrate her b-day and I know we'll enjoy every step of the race through the great streets of our nation's capitol. I'll probably be eating her dust, but that's OK 'cause she'll be waiting for me with an icy cold Coors Light - right Kerry?

There are come celebs supporting the cause with proceeds going to Lance Armstrong's Foundation...check out the video below...














F

Comments

Unknown said…
Run Annie Run! Love your blog girl! Go get 'em!
Annie said…
Thanks Sarah! Glad you're enjoying! I'm gonna work on posting more often! And, go get 'em yourself!!!
Anonymous said…
Running skirts between my sister and I!! Not my sister and me!
Anonymous said…
Ann is correct – “between” is a preposition followed by “me” not “I.” This is a common mistake usually among teachers but not writers. See below

**NOTE CAREFULLY: When followed by compound pronoun objects, the preposition between offers special problems.

Sometimes you will hear between INCORRECTLY followed by one or more subjective pronouns.

Example:


The pronoun I is incorrect here. Why?

I is incorrect because it is a subject pronoun being used in an object situation: object of the preposition between.

Do not let between fool you. Always use objective case pronouns as objects of between – or any other preposition.



Me is an objective case pronoun; therefore, it is the correct one to use as the object of the preposition between.

Here are more examples using between.
Anonymous said…
I love this blog Annie!! I'm running again after a whale of a hiatus - motivated by more than a girthy backside I kinda feel like I've 'earned' but whatever.....
Annie said…
KINA GIRL! Great to hear from you!! Keep me posted on your runs and races! I wish I could be back running in CO with the mountains as my landscape or runnning stairs at Red Rocks! Oh, and, you're right, we earned our badunkadunks through lots of hard work! Some days though I think Queen wrote "Fat Bottom Girls" about me! LOL! Now go get running!!!
Beanie said…
Hi fellow Hellgate blogger. Hope to see you up at the hills/track soon! Yvonne
Jaime said…
I think the running skort is womankind's greatest achievement!

Jaime (an erstwhile Hellgater)
Annie said…
Thanks James...I have to let my sister know that the guys like it too:) And, thanks for reading!!

Popular Posts