Sophie's Choice

Ok, ok, so it wasn't exactly Sophie's Choice, but tonight I had to choose between a film industry event in Manhattan or a 5k Race in Hoboken...believe me, it was painful for me to decide on which one I was going to attend. Both are my passions and both offer me high no drug can offer! Well, I finally opted for the race: 1) Because I have the big 7 mile race coming up this weekend and 2) My good friend Meredith asked me to run it with her.

Unfortunately Mer woke up with a stomach bug (and coincidentally, so did my friend Kip, who's somewhere in the middle of the country on a tour bus!) I hope you both get better soon and be sure to get your electrolytes - - Gatorade, Powerade or Vitamin Water!

I still ran the race, thinking about how I'd have to go more than twice the distance on Sunday and how grateful I am that I can run. Hey, it may not be pretty Sunday, but I'll cross the finish line at some point!

Also, with each step, I'll remember that I'm there to support the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, honor fellow Stonehill gal, Lindsay Briggs and raise awareness of the importance of organ donation at any age.

The video below says it all:




Comments

Popular Posts