Breathe Me...

I hit a road bump of sort in my training about 6 weeks ago. A nagging sinus and ear infection came upon me like a bat out of Hell. And, I did what I do best when I get sick - I became frustrated and was convinced I was never going to get better. Even the doctor wouldn't put up with my bullshit and said, "Annie, you're sick and it's a bad one, but it's not cancer."

What the doctor said was like a slap across the face that woke me from a deep sleep of self pity. Not only was it not cancer, it's not Cystic Fibrosis. Here I was feeling sorry for myself and pissed that I couldn't train, but the reality was, I would feel better and before I knew it, I'd catch up with my training.

After a few weeks, I had the luxury to breathe better, my energy was at 100% and I continued life where I left it before getting sick. Looking at the big picture, I saw that it wasn't a big deal and I took the time to recognize that people with CF have to work at breathing every day of their lives. The more I learn about CF, the more it becomes clear to me as to why I'm running for Team Boomer . I contine to be inspired by one man's quest to single handedly bring awareness to CF and not only find a cure, but help those now living with it.

Anyway...below is this week's song that inspires me. It's actually a song I played during Mile 24 when I ran the marathon in 2009. Now, the title, "Breathe Me" has taken on such a different meaning....



Stay tuned for more blog postings and training ancedotes...

Comments

Popular Posts